There’s a number of ways you can help the refugee crisis.
Sign a petition:
Sign the Liberal Democrats’ online petition to ask the government to do more to help refugees here.
Donate your time or clothing:
- British Red Cross Appeal
- Save the Children’s Child Refugee Crisis Appeal
- Refugee Council Crisis Appeal
- UNHCR’s Emergency Appeal
- The World Food Programme
- Refugee Action’s Emergency Appeal
Donate your clothing:
- Islamic Relief
- Syria Relief
- Calais Action
- You can also donate items to British Red Cross, Save The Children or Oxfam charity shops.
Volunteer your time:
- The National Council for Voluntary Organisations
- Volunteer Scotland
- Volunteer Wales
- Volunteer Now (Northern Ireland)
House a refugee in your home:
- Get in touch with NACCOM, to see if you can house a refugee or asylum seeker
Foster an asylum seeking child:
You can apply to foster a child through your council if you live in England and Wales.
You can also contact one of these national organisations for fostering advice:
Contact Elected Representatives:
- Ask your MP to oppose the new Immigration Bill (see a summary here)
- Contact peers and ask them to oppose the new Immigration Bill, or consider amendments to the existing proposal. Use the email template here.
- Contact the Prime Minister and ask him to bring more refugees to the UK. Use the email template here.